From Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
Revision as of 18:40, 19 May 2012 by DocH
|Talk||The Beacon||No theories|
| The beacon is a cylindrical, bullet-shaped object with a helical groove around the exterior casing.|
It is made of solid Iridium, and emits a frequency at 2 MHz, and again at 4 MHz.
In Brown Betty, the tall tale created by Walter to amuse Ella, the Beacon was used by the Watchers to track down Olivia and Peter. It appeared from under the ground, then broke the wall and stuck in it. It was suggested that the Beacon was created by Walter.
In A Short Story About Love, Peter discovers the tracking device left for him in the Observer's home, then uses it until he reaches a glade in Foxboro. Several seconds after he arrives, the Beacon comes up through the ground and stops. After taking it home and connecting it to electrodes, the Observer appears in a light that emanates from the device. The Observer vanishes when the Beacon departs, apparently incarcerated by the device.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on The Beacon/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Does it 'mark the way', acting as; a reference point, teleportation marking point, and/or a 'soft spot' locator between universes?
- What 'message' did it deliver?
- Is it remnant technology from the First People?
- Is it related to the device Walter designed to eliminate occupying Observers after the Purge of 2015?
- Does it use the same technology used by Jessica Holt to trap The Observer on a stasis platform?
- Are the frequencies it uses designed to hold Observers between the separate frequencies that each universe resonates at?