|Profession:||FBI Senior Agent||Portrayed by: |
|Also Known As:||"Sweetheart", "Liaison", " "Liv", "Olive", "Livvy", "Han"|
|Family:|| Henrietta - daughter, Rachel - sister, Ella - niece, Marilyn Dunham - mom, Greg Blake - brother in law|
Peter - soulmate/significant other, Missy - aunt, Eddie - grandfather, stepfather - name unknown,
Walter - father in law
|Connections:||John Scott, Lucas Vogel, Col Henry Jacobson, Nick Lane, William Bell, Sam Weiss, Marilyn Dunham, Cameron James, Henry Higgins, Christopher Broyles, Simon Phillips|
|Status:||Well and Content with Peter and her pre-school daughter after enjoying a sunny afternoon in the park ~ 14 November 2015|
|Remarks:||Appears to have her life and family firmly re-established in the final timeline that contains no Observer threat|
|Images of Olivia Dunham Alternate Version|
The Pattern, the Observer Invasion, and to collaborate with the forces from the alternate universe who previously prepared to destroy her universe. In all timelines, in this universe, she has been tasked with harnessing the talents of Doctor Walter Bishop toward the greater good, following his extraction from the Saint Claire's mental health facility in Northeast Massachusetts. She reins the talents of Peter Bishop, as well, in directing his father, Walter, and together they discover the common background they have shared in youth and the uncommon karmic fate they must endure in the future, if mankind is to survive the onslaught of megalomaniacs and time-travelling fascists it will surely be challenged with. Olivia's only offspring, Henrietta, plays a key role in combatting the onslaught following The Purge of November 2015, and the entire Bishop-Dunham clan suffers with the outcome. Along life's path, Olivia discovers, rediscovers and eventually willingly manages her unique, Cortexiphan-induced, paranormal abilities for the benefit of global, and trans-universal, good. The price she pays is enormous though, as she must prophetically lose her life in each destiny where she manifests her latent talents.
See Also: Jeff Pinkner's comment
Senior Federal Law Enforcement Investigator assigned to the Fringe Division Science Team.
Dunham was involved in an intimate relationship with her work partner, John Scott, in the year leading up to the Flight 627 incident (Pilot). They were sharing a bed at an unidentified motel at the time the plane made its automated landing. When Olivia's cell phone rang, she addressed the caller as "sir" and immediately dressed and left the motel. She was later annoyed when Broyles trivialized her participation in the investigation by referring to her as "liaison" in a sarcastic tone, sending her on what appeared to be a useless inquiry at a storage facility and quibbling over her identification of Walter Bishop as a potentially valuable person. While investigating, Olivia has her first encounter with Nina Sharp, who mentions The Pattern. By the end of the first episode, Olivia had won Broyles' respect.
Charlie Francis, who was aware of her secretive relationship. He consoled her on the loss of
She has travelled to the alternate universe multiple times, covertly and overtly, and has met with William Bell and most of that universe's Fringe Division counterparts. She has been captured by US Secretary of Defense Bishop, who attempted to implant the memories of his Agent Dunham in her.
↙ She is pivotal in the battle between the two universes, and the alliance formed in the aftermath of the conflict. With the help of Sam Weiss (The Last Sam Weiss), she decodes the multi-lingual vaguery from the The First People books that the Weiss men have published over the centuries, under assumed anagrammatic nǒms de plume. Together they find the hidden clues to the Wave Sink Device in recovered museum treasure that was buried by pre-ancient humanity - and where the device's owner manual contains nothing other that a perpetual loop drawing of her and Peter. They are the non-volatile ways and means with which to save this universe and the parallel one synchronized with this one.
BackgroundWhen she was three years old, Olivia lived in military base housing near Jacksonville, Florida, where her father was stationed. During a telephone conversation with Nina Sharp (Ability), Cortexiphan, previously thought to have been tried only in Ohio, was held in Jacksonville, using school children as test subjects. Her induced abilities from the testing resulted in frequent emotional stress,
As a child, Olivia suffered because her stepfather, when drunk, would abuse her mother after accusing her of seeing other men. Olivia's mother never reported the assaults to the police. When Olivia was nine, her stepfather broke her mother's nose and left the house, driving away. Olivia heard her stepfather's car returning; she picked up his handgun and shot him twice when he entered the house. She regrets not having killed him. He recovered from his wounds and one day, without warning, departed for an unknown destination. Olivia told Peter that she first knew what she wanted to do in life since she was nine.
At some point, Olivia attended boarding school (Safe).
While serving as a US Marine Corps special investigator, Dunham helped prosecute the former best friend of her current supervisor, DHS Special Agent Phillip Broyles. Charges involved the assault of three Marine Corps privates.
At some point in her life, Olivia developed an innate talent of remembering complex sequences of numbers and card-counting.
On her birthday, Olivia receives hand-delivered mail from her estranged stepfather to remind her that he is still out there somewhere.
In the expanded original timeline to 2026, something that only Peter experienced, Olivia has mastered her telekinetic manipulation to the point that she can summon it quickly, and on demand, to prevent even simple, non-emotional accidents. She grabs a large moving container marked fragile in mid-tippage, saving Walter's precious contents and preventing his ire. (The Day We Died)
- She draws all of the electricity from the surrounding fixtures in the abandoned hospital she is being held in - killing Leland Spivey and sending David Jones and the alternate Nina Sharp, fleeing for safety back across their trans-dimensional portal to the parallel universe. (The End Of All Things)
- She empathically deactivates the self-immolation nanites infesting Jessica Holt. (Brave New World, Part 1)
- She telekinetically choreographs Peter's hand-to-hand combat with Jones after Bishop dislocates his shoulder. (Brave New World, Part 1)
- She grabs three hyper-velocity bullets in mid-flight and directs them back at Jessica Holt. (Brave New World, Part 2)
- She jumps from a helicopter holding Peter's hand and crosses the trans-dimensional brane between universes to land on a cargo ship. (Brave New World, Part 2)
- She is utilized by Bell to power the harmonic collapse between universes after the Liberty Island Bridge is deactivated. (Brave New World, Part 2)
- She regenerates her damaged brain, gunshot wound to the forehead and stab to the brain stem, resurrecting herself from death after Walter killed her to save both universes. (Brave New World, Part 2)
- She spends twenty years in Amber as a means to avoid capture by the invading Observers and is liberated by the rest of the team to finish the eradication effort against the oppressive regime. (In Absentia)
- She drains power from the entire NYC power grid to defeat Windmark and protect Walter and young Michael's departure for the 22nd century. (An Enemy Of Fate)
- Olivia Dunham was named Olivia Warren in the developmental, pre-(Pilot) script.
- Olivia's apartment is: 1124 Strathmore Blvd, Brighton, MA 02135 (The No-Brainer)
- Olivia's office number was 2168 (Pilot)... then 3233 (Power Hungry).
- Olivia offered 7-18-6-22-7-9 to identify herself when she needed to have her cell phone traced (The Arrival).
- Olivia introduces herself to David Esterbrook as Amanda Bennet (The Cure) after selecting Bennet's name tag from an unattended table.
- Olivia speaks German fluently (In Which We Meet Mr. Jones).
- Olivia had oboe lessons for six months (The Equation).
- Olivia introduces herself to a bartender (Safe) as Stephanie.
- Olivia speaks Mandarin (Midnight).
- Olivia understands and speaks some Arabic (Fracture).
- Olivia has Peter Bishop on speed dial behind her sister Rachel and Mr. Iyer from the Indian take-out place (Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver.).
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Olivia Dunham/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Why was she hesitant to tell John Scott that she loved him? (Pilot)
- Why did she see her Uncle's kayak during her vision of John? (Pilot)
- Why did her uncle's kayak have the Circles? (Pilot)
- Who sends her unsigned cards on her birthday? (The Cure)
- Was she able to survive near brain death because of latent Cortexiphan in her system? (A New Day In The Old Town)
- Is her superior memory as an adult a result of Cortexiphan testing as a child? (Jacksonville)
- Is VPE Eclampsia exclusive to the alternate universe? (Bloodline)