From Fringepedia FRINGE Wiki
|Profession:||Medical Research Executive||Portrayed by: |
|Connections:||George Morales - Trafficking|
|Seen In:||The Dreamscape|
|Death Episode:||The Dreamscape|
|Status:||Deceased - High Velocity Fall & Impact|
Mark Young died in the opening scenes of The Dreamscape when he jumped to his death to avoid deadly (imagined) butterflies.
- Mark Young is a Massive Dynamic Walter that even if his body was covered with cuts, he was likely hallucinating in response to an altered potent psychoactive, fear inducing venom, secreted by the skin of a toad. Walter concluded from the high concentration of venom found in the brain that Young was murdered. His brain caused the cuts to appear on his body in reponse to the convincing hallucination.
- George Morales, a black market trafficker, claimed in The Dreamscape that Young was killed by Massive Dynamic because he was selling sensitive information about the company.
- While searching Young's apartment after his death, Olivia finds an Oceanic Air plane ticket from New York to Omaha for the 22nd of December. In his day planner she also finds a page with "MONARCH" written on it and a Post-it with the name Dr Peretti. "MONARCH" was later found to represent a phone number to reach George Morales. Also in his apartment is a collection of butterflies displayed in a frame on the wall.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Mark Young/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Was his butterfly collection from the Other Side?
- Who was responsible for inducing the hallucinations that led to his death?
- How was the fatal hallucinogen delivered to Young?
- Why was Young headed to Omaha on Oceanic Air?
- Why was he murdered?