|Profession:||Special Agent, FBI||Portrayed by: |
|Also Known As:||"Sweetheart", "Liaison", " "Liv", "Olive", "Livvy", "Han"|
|Family:|| Henrietta - daughter, Rachel - sister, Ella - niece, Marilyn - mom|
Peter - soulmate/significant other, Missy - aunt, stepfather - name unknown
|Connections:||John Scott, Lucas Vogel, Col Henry Jacobson, Nick Lane, William Bell, Sam Weiss, Marilyn Dunham, Cameron James, Henry Higgins, Christopher Broyles, Simon Phillips|
|Status:||Well and Content with Peter and her pre-school daughter after enjoying a sunny afternoon in the park|
|Remarks:||Appears to have her life and family firmly restablished in the final timeline that contains no Observer threat|
|Images of Olivia Dunham Alternate Version|
Olivia Dunham is a hand-picked FBI Agent assigned to the Fringe Division multi-agency task force, with the mission to respond to the events known as The Pattern, the Observer Invasion, and to collaborate with the forces from the alternate universe who previously prepared to destroy her universe.
See Also: Jeff Pinkner's comment
AboutSenior Federal Law Enforcement Investigator assigned to the Fringe Division Science Team.
Dunham was involved in an intimate relationship with her work partner, John Scott, in the year leading up to the Flight 627 incident (Pilot). They were sharing a bed at an unidentified motel at the time the plane made its automated landing. When Olivia's cell phone rang, she addressed the caller as "sir" and immediately dressed and left the motel. She was later annoyed when Broyles trivialized her participation in the investigation by referring to her as "liaison" in a sarcastic tone, sending her on what appeared to be a useless inquiry at a storage facility and quibbling over her identification of Walter Bishop as a potentially valuable person. While investigating, Olivia has her first encounter with Nina Sharp, who mentions The Pattern. By the end of the first episode, Olivia had won Broyles' respect.
When assigned to investigate the death of a woman who died giving birth of baby who, in turn, died of old age within three hours, Olivia recognized similarities to a serial murder case she and John Scott had worked. The serial murderer killed his victims to remove their pituitary glands. Olivia has her second encounter with Nina when the Science Team needs to borrow a high technology camera. While waiting to see Nina, Olivia imagined Broyles asking her if she was "safe" the last time she was intimate. She was startled, then entered a dream sequence in which she became pregnant nearly to term; the dream ended when Nina's assistant announced that Sharp was available to talk to Olivia. After tracking down the killer, who was unable to acquire enough pituitary glands to prevent his aging. Olivia watches as the man dies of old age. Olivia is surprised when, upon returning the camera to Massive Dynamic, Nina offers her a job at Massive Dynamic, luring her away from her Federal law enforcement duties.
On her birthday (The Cure) she received an envelope with no postage containing an unsigned card. The message on the card was "Thinking of you."
Before his death, Dunham confided in her friend, Senior Agent Charlie Francis, who was aware of her secretive relationship. He consoled her on the loss of Agent Scott.
She has travelled to the alternate universe multiple times, covertly and overtly, and has met with William Bell and most of this universe's counterparts. She has been captured by US Secretary of Defense Bishop, who attempted to implant the memories of his Agent Dunham in her.
BackgroundWhen she was three years old, Olivia live in military base housing near Jacksonville, Florida, where her father was stationed. During a telephone conversation with Nina Sharp (Ability), she learns Cortexiphan, previously thought to have been tried only in Ohio, was held in Jacksonville, using school children as test subjects.
As a child, Olivia suffered because her stepfather, when drunk, would abuse her mother after accusing her of seeing other men. Olivia's mother never reported the assaults to the police. When Olivia was nine, her stepfather broke her mother's nose and left the house, driving away. Olivia heard her stepfather's car returning; she picked up his handgun and shot him twice when he entered the house. She regrets not having killed him. He recovered from his wounds and one day, without warning, departed for an unknown destination. Olivia told Peter that she first knew what she wanted to do in life since she was nine.
At some point, Olivia attended boarding school (Safe).
While serving as a US Marine Corps special investigator, Dunham helped prosecute the best friend of her current supervisor, DHS Special Agent Phillip Broyles. Charges involved the assault of three Marine Corps privates.
At some point in her life, Olivia acquired the ability to remember sequences of numbers and to count cards.
On her birthday, Olivia receives mail from her estranged stepfather to remind her that he is still out there somewhere.
While abducted (Bound), Olivia received a spinal tap ordered by David Jones to determine if she had Cortexiphan in her system. The results were positive.
- In the Season 4 timeline, she tells Bolivia Dunham that she killed her father because he was abusive. She does not share how, or when in her life, she did this. (One Night In October)
- She shares that she had run-away as a child, and seeks maternal comfort from Nina who jokes about the awkwardness of a high school boy asking her to the prom. (Subject 9)
- She tells Lee that she and her sister were kept from entering the foster care system by Nina after their mother died. (Novation)
- Olivia Dunham was named Olivia Warren in the developmental, pre-(Pilot) script.
- Olivia's apartment is: 1124 Strathmore Blvd, Brighton, MA 02135 (The No-Brainer)
- Olivia's office number was 2168 (Pilot)... then 3233 (Power Hungry).
- Olivia offered 7-18-6-22-7-9 to identify herself when she needed to have her cell phone traced (The Arrival).
- Olivia introduces herself to David Esterbrook as Amanda Bennet (The Cure) after selecting Bennet's name tag from an unattended table.
- Olivia speaks German fluently (In Which We Meet Mr. Jones).
- Olivia had oboe lessons for six months (The Equation).
- Olivia introduces herself to a bartender (Safe) as Stephanie.
- Olivia speaks Mandarin (Midnight).
- Olivia understands and speaks some Arabic (Fracture).
- Olivia has Peter Bishop on speed dial behind her sister Rachel and Mr. Iyer from the Indian take-out place (Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver.).
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Olivia Dunham/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Why was she hesitant to tell John Scott that she loved him? (Pilot)
- Why did she see her Uncle's kayak during her vision of John? (Pilot)
- Why did her uncle's kayak have the Circles? (Pilot)
- Who sends her unsigned cards on her birthday? (The Cure)
- Was she able to survive near brain death because of latent Cortexiphan in her system? (A New Day In The Old Town)
- Is her superior memory as an adult a result of Cortexiphan testing as a child? (Jacksonville)
- Is VPE Eclampsia exclusive to the alternate universe? (Bloodline)