From Fringepedia - The FRINGE wiki
|Talk||Season 3||No theories|
FRINGE spent its' second consecutive season under the guidance of FB2 Films Inc., the on-site production company that manages the show within the Vancouver Film Studios for Warner Bros and Bad Robot. Jeff Pinkner and Joel Wyman continue as the hands-on Executive Producers, joined this year by Joe Chappelle, while J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk provided creative/business support in their Executive Producer capacities. Producers Reid Shane and Vladimir Stefoff also returned as the in-studio line/unit production management gurus. Post production is suppported by EdenFX 1 2
- "I think I have ideas - but everything got thrown up in the air when we did the cross to the other side, and then especially the way that they ended the (2nd) season. So I don't know what's going to happen to her... ...I don't think that they'll play the whole season with her in a cell, but I don't know how easily she's going to be able to escape back to her own reality. I don't even really know what I want."
During an early season interview with E!Online in November 2010, producer Jeff Pinkner put his motivations in perspective:
- "...we have decided that we would rather turn out a show with perhaps a slightly smaller fanbase, but one that's really really passionate about the show, and not worry about gimmicky stuff. What we say is that not everyone likes licorice, but the people that like it, really like it."
Later, Pinkner commented:
- "...what’s fun for us is the stories over there are kind of a spin-off within our show. This season, what’s been really fun is Charlie is not a new character, but this version of Charlie certainly is, and Lincoln and the Alt-Brandon. We feel like our toolbox got twice as big this year."
In a February 2011 interview, Producer Joel Wyman shared the larger perspective on the story-telling technique they employ:
- "...we look at the series like a great novel. Once you get to the end of the chapter, you get an answer and start a totally different period."
In the same interview, Pinkner contributed this thought:
- "Some shows we've worked on, or that we adored, used mystery as the endgame and the goal. The mystery sort of dragged you along. Our goal was the opposite. Our goal was to set up the mysteries, set up questions, answer the questions, and then let those answers lead to consequences."
- Production Notes
- - Monday, March 8, 2010 .. It is announced that the
- - Tuesday, July 13, 2010 .. It is announced that FRINGE will return on 23 September, 2010 in the same Thursday night time slot for North American viewers.
- - November 19, 2010 .. It is announced the second half of the season will move to Friday night when the show returns from hiatus in late January, 2011.
- List of Fringe Sciences in the Opening Splash
- Visit Amazon to download Season 3 in Standard or Hi-Def
- WARNER HOME VIDEO
The Complete Third Season from Warner Home Video of television’s most thrilling sci-fi series features 22 episodes with over three hours of brand new special features and a free download offer for an HD digital copy of all 22 episodes.
Screen Aspect: 16 X 9 FULL FRAME - Run Time: 1012 minutes - 1080p video - DTS-HD 5.1
Four "Duality of Worlds" explorations...
- 'The Other You',
- 'Visualizing an Alternate World',
- 'A Machine of Destiny' and
- 'The Psychology of Duality'
Animating “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide” - Constructing Extrasensory Soundscapes
"Glimmer to the Other Side" - BluRay only - Pop-Up Experience-Enhancing Commentaries and Featurettes for 'Os'
Commentary - 'The Plateau' with Monica Breen, Jeff Pinkner and paranormal author Tim Good
Commentary - 'Lysergic Acid Diethylamide' with Jay Worth, Luyen Vu, and Tanya Swerling
Gag Reel - Unusual Side Effects
© FRINGE, and all related characters and elements are trademarks of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ™
| All Portals
|Episodes • Transcripts • Main Characters • Episodic Characters • Organizations • The Pattern • Fringe Science • Locations • Cast • Crew • Comics • Literature • Websites • Podcasts • Viral • News & Reviews • Items • Mysteries • Images|