From Fringepedia FRINGE Wiki
|Profession:||Spy/Saboteur From The Parallel Universe||Portrayed by: |
|Connections:||Smith, Bolivia Dunham, Secretary Bishop|
|Seen In:||6 of 100 episodes|
|Death Episode:||Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?|
|Remarks:||Terminated himself while in custody to avoid compromising Bolivia's mission|
Thomas Jerome Newton was a foot soldier in Secretary Bishop's army in the war between the universes.
- His severed frozen head was the objective of the hybrid soldiers as they robbed various cryonics facilities (Momentum Deferred).
- Visited mental health institutes in Grey Matters to collect brain fragments taken from Walter. He then abducted Walter to collect/restore his memories determine how to travel between parallel universes.
- In The Man From The Other Side, with the assistance of two shape-shifters, he set up three harmonic rods to transfer a bridge from the alternate universe. The bridge harbored Mister Secretary, whom he restored to good health, after the transfer.
- In Northwest Passage, he raided Peter's motel room in rural northwestern U.S. to reunite him with Mister Secretary. Peter comes across Newton a few times, but it is not clear if all these encounters are real, imagined or generated by Newton.
- In The Box, he hired two men to procure an item buried beneath a house in Milton, under the order of Bolivia Dunham. He later left the device to a homeless man in the train station. He tells Bolivia he has been in this universe since she was in high school.
- In Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?, he enlists an embedded shape-shifter to retrieve a memory disk from a captured shape-shifter at Massive Dynamic. He is placed in Federal custody after he fails to elude Peter in his vehicle. Bolivia slips him a tab he can swallow that will terminate his functions. Newton utilizes the tab after she has left.
- Thomas Newton appeared in Momentum Deferred, Grey Matters, The Man From The Other Side, Northwest Passage, The Box and Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?.
- He is seen on security camera footage in Jacksonville.
- Thomas Jerome Newton is the name of the lead character in The Man Who Fell to Earth. The title character was played by David Bowie, whose birth name is David Robert Jones.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Thomas Newton/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Did he utilize the body of a shape-shifter to remount his head, or some other type of hydro-mechanical biped?
- Can he use a shape-shifter's device to change his physical form?
- How did he know where Doctor Paris kept the three brain pieces from Walter?
- Is he loyal to Bolivia Dunham's directives, or does he have separate orders to follow?