From Fringepedia FRINGE Wiki
|Profession:||Spy/Saboteur From The Parallel Universe||Portrayed by: |
|Connections:||Smith, Bolivia Dunham, Secretary Bishop|
|Seen In:||6 of 100 episodes|
|Death Episode:||Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?|
|Remarks:||Terminated himself while in custody to avoid compromising Bolivia's mission|
Thomas Jerome Newton was a foot soldier in Secretary Bishop's army in the war between the universes.
- His severed frozen head was the objective of the hybrid soldiers as they robbed various cryonics facilities (Momentum Deferred)
- Visited mental health institutes to collect brain fragments taken from Walter, then abducts Walter to restore his memories to determine how to travel between parallel universes (Grey Matters)
- With the assistance of two shape-shifters, he sets-up three harmonic rods to establish a temporal bridge from the alternate universe. The bridge allowed Mister Secretary to transfer to this universe and continue his mission of retrieving Peter (The Man From The Other Side)
- He raids Peter's motel room in the rural northwestern United States to reunite him with Mister Secretary. Peter seems to encounter Newton a few times, but it is not clear if all these encounters are real, imagined or psychically generated by Newton (Northwest Passage)
- He hires two men to procure an item buried beneath a house in Milton, under the order of Bolivia Dunham. He leaves the device with a homeless man in the train station. He tells Bolivia he has been in this universe since she was in high school (The Box)
- He enlists an undercover shape-shifter to retrieve a memory disk from a captured shape-shifter at Massive Dynamic. He is placed in Federal custody after he fails to elude Peter in his vehicle. Bolivia slips him a tab he can swallow that will terminate his bio-mechanical functions. Newton utilizes the tab after she has left (Do Shapeshifters Dream Of Electric Sheep?)
- He is seen on security camera footage in Jacksonville.
- Thomas Jerome Newton is the name of the lead character in The Man Who Fell to Earth. The title character was played by David Bowie, whose birth name is David Robert Jones.
|— Plot Relevant Questions —||Address theories about questions on Thomas Newton/Theories Ask minor questions on the Talk Page|
1) Do not answer the questions here.
- Did he utilize the body of a shape-shifter to remount his head, or some other type of hydro-mechanical biped?
- Can he use a shape-shifter's device to change his physical form?
- How did he know where Doctor Paris kept the three brain pieces from Walter?
- Is he loyal to Bolivia Dunham's directives, or does he have separate orders to follow?